Wednesday 8 October 2014

DUX BELLORUM

I bought this rule book by Daniel Mersey (Osprey wargames) a while back and it is a great little set of rules for dark age wargaming. What I like the most is that they can be adapted and expanded so easily. I've seen another blog where a gaming group has used them for medieval gaming and even for ' a very British civil war '.   http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/dux-bellorum-wars-of-roses-unofficial.html

 It is great fun and doesn't need many models comparitively speaking. Depending how you base models or how full you like your bases an army would only need between 40-80 models.  Scale doesn't matter too much either it is the size of the base that affects the game so an army is fairly cheap to put together. I found an old box of Revell Anglo-Saxons in my loft . 1/72 scale with 45 miniatures. I think it cost me £2.50 back in the day but I guess now they would be around a fiver but mounted on 6cm bases they made a complete saxon army.  This type of historical plastic figures for all periods are readily available so there is no excuse for experimenting!



No comments:

Post a Comment